Installing an AES IntelliNet 7788F Radio
The Technician's Guide
by AZ Security Control
Make sure you have the latest documentation for the Equipment you are Installing:
Documentation can be found on our Technical Resources page.
Connect the Hardware...
- Install the Radio and connect the Dry-Contact Outputs from your Alarm Panel or Devices to the Zone Inputs on the AES using EOL Resistors to generate Alarm (short) and Trouble (open) conditions.
- (optional) Connect the Antenna Failure output on the AES to a Zone Input on your Alarm Panel program this zone as Latching to prevent auto-restore and re-triggering creating a loop condition causing unnecessary traffic.
- If an ASI Annunciator is being used, mount and connect the Annunciator to the AES Radio Accessory/Programming Port.
Program the AES Radio...
- Program the Zone Input types on the AES ("h" on PC, "Ctrl-F3" on AES Programmer). Answer "Y"es to Fire? Program zones as "F" if used and "B" if not used.
- Program the Account Number and Cipher Code into the AES Radio ("f" on PC, "Ctrl-F1" on AES Programmer).
- If the ASI Annunciator (ANNR38 Only) is used, you can program the Radio via the FlashPort App on your phone.
- After Program Changes: Press the Reset Button on the AES Main Board.
- After a few minutes, press ("d" on PC, "Shift-F4" on AES Programmer) to view your current radio Status including
NetCon. The NetCon should be a maximum of 5.
Installing the 7794 FirePro...
Connect the T and R from the Alarm Panel Dialer to the AP T and R on the FirePro.
Connect the FirePro to the AES Radios Accessory/Programming Port with the included jumper wire.
IMPORTANT: Alarm Panel MUST be programmed
for TONE dialing only. The Panel can have any
4-digit Account # (preferrably same as Radio Account #) and any Phone # at least 3-digits long (preferrably "555").
It is required to always connect a general fire alarm hardwire zone when using the FirePro.
AZ Security Control Central
Station Technical Support: Call AZ Security Control @
AES IntelliNet Radio Technical
Support: Call AES IntelliNet @